The word “creamy” may sound shocking to those health conscious people, but don’t worry! Today’s lunch consists of a vegetarian creamy pesto chickpea salad made with greek yogurt. No cream. You get all the flavors and textures of mayo but you cut about 9 grams of fat per serving.
- 1/4 c. greek yogurt
- 1/4 c. pesto (I used store bought pesto from Costco)
- 1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 c. chopped kale (optional)
- 1 avocado diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the pesto and greek yogurt.
- Add chickpeas, kale, and diced avocado and gently stir until well-combined
- taste and add salt/pepper to taste
This recipe is a delicious and protein-packed lunch. I added kale and avocado just to add more nutrition in. It is a very flexible salad so go ahead and add tomatoes or onions, etc, if you like. Cooking has no limitations!