5 Ingredients for a soup? That’s quite impressive, along with the fact that you probably already have these ingredients at home and it’s healthy and it’s gluten free and… well there are too many benefits to this soup that naming them all would surely be time consuming. This was my first attempt making carrot soup, which I felt obligated to make because of the highly anticipated fall season!
Coconut Carrot Soup
- 3 c. roughly diced carrots
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 onion(chopped)
- 2 c. low sodium chicken broth
- In a soup pot, heat 1 tbsp. oil of any choice (I used olive oil) and sautee the carrots for 5 min. Then add the chopped onions and sautee for an additional 5 min.
- Add the coconut milk and chicken broth. Cover the pot and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and let it simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and let it sit for 20 minutes. (This step is optional. It’ll soften the carrots and onions further and cool the soup a bit before the blending process)
- Blend the soup in a blender, top with croutons, and Enjoy!
There is no way anyone can mess this recipe up. I guarantee you! I wholeheartedly believe anyone can make this recipe and enjoy it at home.