Similar to a crab cake but made with chickpeas, this savory treat will excite your taste buds! The base of this recipe was a no tahini hummus recipe, but as I was making the hummus, I changed my mind and decided to transform the pulsed chickpeas into a cake and it is absolutely divine!
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper to flavor
- 1-2 thick slices of deli ham (diced)
- 2 slices of cheese or 1/2 c. shredded cheese (i used swiss)
- 1/2 panko breadcrumbs
- add chickpeas, olive oil, cumin, garlic, water into the food processor and pulse until somewhat creamy but with slight coarse pieces
- combine mixture with panko, ham, and cheese
- form into 8 cakes and bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees
- serve with any dipping sauce; I used an avocado greek yogurt dip: 1 tbsp greek yogurt + 3tbsp avocado
Enjoy this scrumptious recipe! Of course if you would like it to be vegetarian, you can absolutely take out the ham.