I have made this decadent blueberry cake twice, and every time the entire cake disappears within 2 days. I eat a couple of slices and then friends and family members devour it EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Cutting the fat content as compared to a regular cake by 1/2 makes this cake more guilt-free, and also it has blueberries in it… so that makes it more healthy? mmm yeah, that’s my mentality.
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 stick margarine (softened)
- 1/2 c. vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 c sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 c. blueberries
- sift the flour and set aside. In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add the egg.
- In another bowl, combine all dry ingredients and pour into the butter sugar mixture.
- Place the mixture into a round cake pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place blueberries on the top, pushing them halfway down so the top of the blueberries are visible.
- Bake for 30 minutes (more or less depending on the oven).
- I then finished off the cake with sifted powder sugar.
So, this cake can be quite pricey at grocery stores, but you can make it at home with that secret greek yogurt ingredient! Make this cake and wow your guests and family members!