Nutritional experts say to avoid the word “creamy” because of the high fat content that most creamy foods contain. However, today’s Creamy Mashed Potato is an all natural creamy consistency from cauliflower itself, and this mashed potato substitution is the greatest food swap ever!!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tsp salt (add more if necessary)
- pinch of pepper
- 1 tbsp. cream cheese
- 1 tsp garlic (if you would like the garlic flavor)
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
- splash of vegetable or beef broth
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and boil in hot water for about 7 minutes. Turn the heat off and let the remaining heat steam the cauliflower,
- Drain cauliflower and let it set for 5 minutes before putting it in the food processor.
- Process all ingredients until a mashed potato consistency.
Do you ever want to eat mashed potatoes again?