Homemade pasta is quick and easy to make, and is seriously a game changer. Even without a pasta maker, one can simply make it utilizing a rolling pin and a few minutes of kneading! Keep in mind, pasta dough does not need nearly as much kneading as bread dough. Additionally, marinara sauce takes hours to cook, due to the necessary time needed to break down the fibers and sugars in the tomatoes. However, I have been testing for a quick tomato sauce and have found the perfect way to make homemade marinara sauce. It surely isn’t the same thing as stewed marinara sauce, but it is just as delicious, flavorful, and it’s difficult to even notice the difference. Now, let’s get down to the gist of it. The Ravioli dough can be found HERE and the shrimp filling and tomato blender sauce is down below:
yield: 35-40 medium ravioli
- 8 jumbo shrimp
- 6 oz. ricotta
- 1/4 c. packed frozen spinach (drained and water squeezed out)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp salt
NOTE: Garlic bread seasoning OR Italian seasoning mix + garlic powder can be substituted for garlic powder, oregano, parsley, and basil.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and dollop 1 tsp of mix onto ravioli dough.
- Form the ravioli and allow it to set out at room temperature for 45 min. to dry.
- Once ravioli has been set out for 45 min, boil a pot of water with 1/2 tsp salt. When the water is boiling, throw in the ravioli and let them cook for approx. 6-8 min, or until dough becomes see through.
- Serve the ravioli fresh with a delicious pasta sauce! My 10 minute tomato blender pasta sauce is a savory sauce blasting full of flavor.
Tomato Blender Sauce
yield: 2 c. sauce
- 4 roma tomatoes cut into chunks
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- In a blender, blend the tomatoes and basil leaves until smooth.
- In a pot, melt the butter and sautee the garlic until lightly browned. Add in the blender mixture, and allow it to simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Pour in all the other ingredients and stir. Cover the pot with a lid and allow to simmer for an additional 4 minutes. Turn the heat off, and serve over the pasta or let the sauce sit in the pot, as it will thicken up.