Lemon and almonds pair extremely well together and I got the flavor combo idea from Costco’s Limoncello almonds! If Costco can sell this combo in almond form, then I might as well make it into ice cream sandwich form. It is Summer, and the blazing sun beats down on us, making us feel a bit phlegmatic so a tangy and cold dessert is the perfect dish to get ourselves up and awake.
Additionally, I had a surfeit of almond pieces in my pantry so why not? Beware, these sandwiches are addicting and sweet!!
Lemon Almond Ice Cream Sandwich
yield: 6 sandwiches
- 15 lemon oreo cookies
- 2 T melted unsalted butter
- 1 pint almond flavored ice cream (I used Blue Bell Bride’s Cake)
- almond slivers for decoration
- In a food processor, pulse oreos and butter together until a crumbly texture forms.
- In 2 parchment-lined 6 x 2 baking pans (you can use any size pan but the crust should be formed just around 6 x 2 in.), flatten the crust down and bake in the oven for 5 min at 350 F.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Once cooled, scoop ice cream on one crust and place the second crust on top of the ice cream to form sandwiches. Place in the freezer for at least 20-30 min.
- Remove from freezer and cut into 6 pieces of more or less, based on the size you desire. Decorate with almond slivers and enjoy!
Lemon almond was a flavor I wanted to test out, but feel free to use different oreo and ice cream flavors! The combination possibilities are limitless and I may just test them out myself!