Happy Halloween everyone! Crafting spooky treats aren’t really my thing, but I ended up making a healthy chocolate cake with matcha glaze and the green glaze gives a slight Halloween look. This cake is vegan, whole wheat, refined sugar free, and extremely moist as well! You have to make it to believe it. I made these using bundt cake pans, but you may use any cake mold.
Seeing white vinegar as an ingredient may seem odd but its purpose is to activate the baking soda and you will not be able to taste the vinegar at all. While the cake batter is refined sugar free, the matcha glaze is not, so feel free to blend a refined sugar free flower to make your own homemade powdered sugar. I used organic cane sugar, but other dry sugars like coconut sugar or date sugar will work in the recipe.
Matcha and Chocolate Bundt Cake
yield: 6 mini bundt or 3 medium bundt cakes
- 1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/3 c. cane sugar
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 c. melted coconut oil
- 1 1/4 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
For matcha glaze:
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. matcha powder
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven at 350 F.
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients and the add the wet ingredients. Whisk together until fully incorporated. Do not overmix (could result in tough texture).
- Pour batter into greased pans and bake in the oven for 35-40 min or until fully cooked.
- In the meantime, mix together matcha glaze ingredients.
- Remove from pans instantly and allow to cool on a cooling rack for at least 10 min.
- Once cake has cooled, pour matcha glaze over the cake. I topped the cake with crushed pistachios but this is completely optional.
This cake is not overly sweet and quite the treat! I like to take some on the go as breakfast or as a snack and did I mention it pairs extremely well with coffee or tea? Happy baking on this cold Halloween night!
*Nutrition facts are estimates
I may actually attempt this recipe – looks so cute and tasty!
Oh wow this looks awesome
Wow!!! I love matcha & chocolate bundt cakes. What a genius idea to put the two together. I’m drooling. & the green was def perfect for a Halloween party or something. 🙂
Such a beautiful recipe
Such pretty cakes
Such pretty cakes!
Thank you so much!
Happy Halloween spooky cook! Your bundt cake looks spookilicious.
Why thank you!
Hello, Jamie! I am sorry if I worried you. One was only playing with the Halloween theme. If I had a bundt pan, I would try the recipe.
so beautiful, thank you very much, my question is that it was really made by your hand, or made after.
Hi! This cake was definitely made by hand, which you can see in the recipe video. Thanks for stopping by!
thank you very much, very much, visited her blog, yes !! I saw the video because I asked if they did it, thanks so much and wish you a lot of success with the bolg.