** SCROLL TO BOTTOM FOR NUTRITION FACTS **
Thanksgiving is creeping up upon us and that means POTLUCK season! Want to bring something special to a potluck that isn’t store-bought and looks like you put time and effort into making something? Sign up for these 3-ingredient peanut butter truffles that cost less than $5 to make and have some fun with it too! If you have some family or friends, invite them to make the truffles with you because they are so fun to make. You only need 3 simple ingredients and a blender or a food processor.
The three simple ingredients are peanut butter Oreos, cream cheese, and chocolate chips. These truffles can be made vegan if you use a vegan cream cheese and make sure that the chocolate coating you use is milk-free. The truffles will be easier to make if the cream cheese is softened so set out a block of cream cheese at room temperature for at least 30 min. If you do not have time for this, slice the cream cheese into 4 cubes and microwave for about 10-15 sec. Additionally, before you coat the truffles in chocolate, it will help if the truffle balls set in the fridge for at least 20 min to harden. These are a few tips to help with the chocolate-coating and truffle-forming process.
3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles
yield: approx 45 truffles
- 1 pack 16 oz. peanut butter Oreos
- 1 pack 8 oz. cream cheese, softened (Read above for softening tips)
- 1 pack 16 oz. dark chocolate chips
- 2 T. melted peanut butter for drizzle (optional)
- In a food processor, process the Oreos and cream cheese until a creamy paste is formed.
- Roll the balls and place on a tray lined with parchment paper and place in the fridge to allow to harden for at least 20 min.
- Take the truffle balls out and microwave the dark chocolate chips until melted. Melt in 20-30 sec. intervals, stirring in between to make sure the chocolate is completely melted and does not overheat. Overheating would result in a curdled and crumpled chocolate mess.
- Using 2 spoons, dip the truffle balls into the chocolate and place on the parchment paper. Repeat for the rest of the truffle balls. Place truffles in fridge for at least 30-40 min.
- Remove and drizzle with melted peanut butter. Place in fridge for another 5 min.
There is a lot of placing in fridge and removing action in this recipe but this helps create the ideal texture for the truffles, otherwise they will be very soft and difficult to pick up. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did and impress everyone at your potluck!