** SCROLL TO BOTTOM FOR NUTRITION FACTS **
These roasted Brussels Sprout chips are a healthy alternative for potato chips and are extremely flavorful and crispy! They are great for a snack.
Brussels sprouts used to have a bad reputation for being unpalatable, but I’m so glad they’re making a comeback as people have found ways to make them desirable! The most popular cooking method is roasting and adding some glaze or seasoning. I recently purchased a lot of Brussels sprouts and experimented with them, using a combination of different cooking methods and flavors. I found that a simple combination of olive oil, salt, pepper, and mustard flavors the Brussels sprouts leaves extremely well and the result is a scrumptious, healthy alternative to crackers or chips!
The entire process for removing the leaves can be tedious, but I put on a TV show and peeled the leaves to help with the long process. Although tedious, the process is so worth it as you are left with the delicious chips. Brussels sprouts are high in many vitamins that help with boosting immunity, which is especially important during this time.
Roasted Brussels Sprout Chips (Vegan + GF)
yield: 4 cups
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste (about 1/4 tsp salt + 1/8 tsp. pepper)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Wash Brussels sprouts and place in a collander for drying. Use a paper towel to dry the excess water.
- Cut the stems of the Brussels sprouts and peel off the leaves. For the interior of the Brussels sprouts, the leaves will not peel off so you can roast the inside of the Brussels sprouts separately or use it in a salad. Set the leaves aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, dijon mustard, and salt and pepper and add the Brussels sprouts leaves in. Toss with 2 spatulas until all the leaves are coated evenly.
- Place the Brussels sprouts on a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Do not overlap any of the leaves as they will become soggy.
- Place the baking sheet on the middle rack and allow to roast for about 10 min. Keep an eye on the Brussels sprouts every 5 min. to remove chips that have crisped up and are brown.
Once the Brussels sprouts have completed baking, it is best to finish them immediately fresh out of the oven! The Brussels sprouts do not store well and will lose it’s crispiness after 30 min. They will still be very tasty, but they won’t be crispy anymore so I highly recommend finishing them at once. The crisps are very tasty, so it will be simple to eat them all at once. I recommend sharing with some friend of family if possible!
I hope you enjoy this delicious and simple recipe and keep it in your recipe archive.