** SCROLL TO BOTTOM FOR NUTRITION FACTS **
Add some color to your Alfredo sauce by incorporating vegetables into it! Enjoy this smokey, roasted red pepper Alfredo sauce with your favorite pasta noodles.
Up your pasta game with this creamy, roasted red bell pepper sauce that adds a nice smokiness and tanginess. Roasting red peppers is really simple and only requires one ingredient which is the pepper itself! No oil is needed since the natural oils in the pepper seep out during the roasting process. In general, one 12-16 oz. jar of red peppers costs around $3, and 1-1 1/2 red bell peppers yield around the same amount that is in the jar. That means generally, roasting the peppers yourself would be cheaper and there are also no preservatives! You can learn how to roast your own peppers HERE.
This sauce is simple and quick to make. The pasta pairs well with any noodle type, and I used macaroni elbows since those were the only ones I had on hand. You may add in vegetables into the pasta such as mushrooms, roasted zucchini, sauteed onions, etc. I did add mushrooms and roasted zucchini in one batch and keep it original in the other. The sauce is so good on its own that no other ingredients need to be added, so adding other ingredients is totally optional!
Roasted Pepper Alfredo Sauce
- 10 oz. cooked pasta of choice (I used elbow macaroni since it is all I had on had)
- 2 roasted red peppers OR one 12 oz jar of roasted peppers, drained. Click HERE to learn how to roast red peppers.
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 3/4 c. Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped basil to top
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and sautee the the garlic until lightly browned.
- Add in the heavy cream and whisk constantly until the cream thickens slightly. Add in the Parmesan cheese and whisk constantly until the cheese is completely melted. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add in the roasted peppers and use an immersion blender to combine the peppers and cream. Use a regular blender if you do not have an immersion blender.
- Once blended, allow the sauce to simmer on low heat until bubbles appear. Add the pasta in the sauce and stir until completely incorporated.
- Serve pasta immediately and top with chopped basil and extra Parmesan cheese.
Enjoy this sauce with pasta while its fresh for best flavor! It can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days and can be used for a variety of other things. You may use it in a risotto, on a slice of bread with cheese, and more.