Use homemade or store-bought bread to make these 6 delicious vegetarian toasts that are perfect for any meal!
Step up your toast game with these tasty toast combinations that are completely meat-free! They have so much flavor and are a nice break from a typical peanut butter and jelly toast (my childhood go-to). I made sweet and savory toasts, with some of them being Asian-inspired as I wanted to incorporate some flavors that I am very familiar with into these recipes. I recently purchased a tall loaf pan and immediately baked a milk bread the day I received the pan! The outcome was great, and I figured making multiple toasts was the best way to utilize this loaf of bread. I used a simple no-knead bread recipe from Kkume.
Toasts are eaten in all forms around the world and have gained popularity due to Instagram and brunch culture. Pretty crazy that such a simple food also has a trend, right? Restaurants would make gorgeous and extravagant toasts and guests would overpay for these toasts, me included. While it is important to dine at restaurants for the social aspect and ambiance, I want to show you that you can also make restaurant-quality food while at home. It requires a bit of effort, but you can turn your home into a breakfast/brunch cafe in minutes!
Some of the toast recipes are common while the others aren’t so much. Hope you get a chance to try all the flavors and I’d love to know which ones you like best!
- Brie and Fig Toast
- 3 slices brie cheese
- fresh or dry fig slices
- herbs to garnish
- Place brie on top of toast and bake or air fry for about 3 minutes at 375 F or until toast is lightly browned and the brie is melted.
- Top with figs, honey, and herbs.
2. Bubble Milk Tea Toast
Ingredients (yield 2):
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 2 tsp. instant milk tea powder (I used Royal Milk Tea)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- sugar as needed (gradually add 1/2 tsp. at a time)
- 1/3 c. cooked tapioca pearls (I used WuFuYuan)
- Whisk heavy cream in a chilled bowl to 70% while gradually adding the milk tea powder, vanilla extract, and sugar (if using). Sugar content differs for milk tea powder brands so add sugar as needed or omit completely.
- Top toast with cream and tapioca pearls. I also topped mine with a homemade brown sugar crisp.
3. Lemon and Blueberry Toast
- 28 g. or 2 tbsp. mascarpone cheese
- lemon curd (homemade or store bought)
- lemon zest to top
- Spread mascarpone cheese on toast. Top with lemon curd, blueberries, and lemon zest. I used a homemade lemon curd and a homemade lemon marmalade.
4. Cheesy Corn Toast
- 80 g. or 1/2 c. corn
- 1-2 tbsp. mayo
- 1 tbsp. chopped green onions
- pinch of pepper
- 1 egg or 1 yolk only
- shredded cheese to top
- herbs to garnish
- In a bowl, combine corn, mayo, green onions, and pepper.
- Spread onto bread and create a well in the center for the egg. Place the egg in the middle, add shredded cheese on top, and bake or air fry for about 5 minutes at 375 F or until cheese has browned.
- Sprinkle top with parsley and enjoy.
5. Korean Street Toast
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 30 g. or 1/3 c. shredded cabbage
- 30 g. or 1/3 c. shredded carrots
- 8 g. or 1 tsp. fruit jam ( I used strawberry)
- oil and butter for greasing
- ketchup and mayo to top
- herbs to garnish
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs with salt and add in the cabbage and carrots until combined.
- In a pan over medium heat, grease with butter and toast the bread on both sides until golden brown.
- Spread jam onto one side of the toast and set aside.
- Add oil into the pan and pour in the egg mixture. Pan fry for about 3-4 min on each side and lay the toast, jam side down, on the egg. Trim the egg to the shape of the toast. Use the remaining egg for another toast.
- Top the toast with ketchup, mayo, and herbs.
6. Kimchi Avocado Toast
- 1 slice bread.
- 1/2 small avocado
- 20 g. or 2 tbsp. chopped kimchi
- white sesame seeds
- dehydrated lime slices
- Toast the bread until golden brown. Slice half of a small avocado and place on the toast.
- Top with kimchi and sesame seeds. I added some lime slices for fun!
Wonderful ideas for vegetarian toasts
This looks fantastic
Tried them all!
thank you! Glad you like them
open toasts are my favourite.. good variety
Yes they are great!
Amazing recipes. Thanks for sharing.
Lovely yumm recipes..thanks for sharing 😍
Thanks for stopping by!
Hey Jamie these are some real good veg recipies, will surely try most of them sometime except the egg one 🙂
Thank you, I hope you like them!
Will keep you posted! 🙂
simply fantastic! I love open toasts and sandwiches & these ones look so tempting. Will definitely try over the weekend. Cheesy corn and lemon blueberry were my favourites!
Thank you, Yess I loved cheesy corn!
Your blog is aesthetically beautiful! I look forward to reading more in my spare time.
Thanks so much!
I’m getting so hungry gotta go and try them.Thanks–Genie Nakano
Thank you! I hope you like them, I’d love to know which one(s) you try.
Oooo… these are awesome recipes! So creative.
Very good ideas!
All these toasts are making me drool!
Amazing recipes! Everything looks fantastic. I will be trying the Kimchi Avocado Toast very soon.
Looks very yummy
omg it all looks so yummy!! ❤
I love your blog!
Does the Kimchi one have a egg in the recipe? I see it in the directions but not the ingredients.
I can’t wait to try these though. Look so good!
Oops it doesn’t, I corrected the mistake. Thanks for stopping by!
Cheesy corn toast looks great 😍😋
Just found your site and my mouth started watering. Awesome
This is toast taken to the next level!!
yes it is! I had a lot of fun with it.
Cheesy corn looks best to me! They look great!
Cheesy corn was my favorite! Looks wise, I think the avocado toast wins.
They sound good!
I really like these recipes!!! I think I will try the Lemon one! Yummmmm! Or maybe I’ll try all of them as I acquire more ingredients 😀
Yay I hope you like it!
How much fun is this!
I def had a lot of fun!
All of these look so good 😊
Very unique toast recipe like it. I like most Brie & fig one!
that was one of my favorites as well!
the brie and fig sound like a great combination, would definitely like to try the kimchi avocado one
Love bubble milk one. will try
thanks! As a boba lover, it was amazing!