Use homemade or store-bought bread to make these 6 delicious vegetarian toasts that are perfect for any meal!
Step up your toast game with these tasty toast combinations that are completely meat-free! They have so much flavor and are a nice break from a typical peanut butter and jelly toast (my childhood go-to). I made sweet and savory toasts, with some of them being Asian-inspired as I wanted to incorporate some flavors that I am very familiar with into these recipes. I recently purchased a tall loaf pan and immediately baked a milk bread the day I received the pan! The outcome was great, and I figured making multiple toasts was the best way to utilize this loaf of bread. I used a simple no-knead bread recipe from Kkume.
Toasts are eaten in all forms around the world and have gained popularity due to Instagram and brunch culture. Pretty crazy that such a simple food also has a trend, right? Restaurants would make gorgeous and extravagant toasts and guests would overpay for these toasts, me included. While it is important to dine at restaurants for the social aspect and ambiance, I want to show you that you can also make restaurant-quality food while at home. It requires a bit of effort, but you can turn your home into a breakfast/brunch cafe in minutes!
Some of the toast recipes are common while the others aren’t so much. Hope you get a chance to try all the flavors and I’d love to know which ones you like best!
- Brie and Fig Toast
- 3 slices brie cheese
- fresh or dry fig slices
- herbs to garnish
- Place brie on top of toast and bake or air fry for about 3 minutes at 375 F or until toast is lightly browned and the brie is melted.
- Top with figs, honey, and herbs.
2. Bubble Milk Tea Toast
Ingredients (yield 2):
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 2 tsp. instant milk tea powder (I used Royal Milk Tea)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- sugar as needed (gradually add 1/2 tsp. at a time)
- 1/3 c. cooked tapioca pearls (I used WuFuYuan)
- Whisk heavy cream in a chilled bowl to 70% while gradually adding the milk tea powder, vanilla extract, and sugar (if using). Sugar content differs for milk tea powder brands so add sugar as needed or omit completely.
- Top toast with cream and tapioca pearls. I also topped mine with a homemade brown sugar crisp.
3. Lemon and Blueberry Toast
- 28 g. or 2 tbsp. mascarpone cheese
- lemon curd (homemade or store bought)
- lemon zest to top
- Spread mascarpone cheese on toast. Top with lemon curd, blueberries, and lemon zest. I used a homemade lemon curd and a homemade lemon marmalade.
4. Cheesy Corn Toast
- 80 g. or 1/2 c. corn
- 1-2 tbsp. mayo
- 1 tbsp. chopped green onions
- pinch of pepper
- 1 egg or 1 yolk only
- shredded cheese to top
- herbs to garnish
- In a bowl, combine corn, mayo, green onions, and pepper.
- Spread onto bread and create a well in the center for the egg. Place the egg in the middle, add shredded cheese on top, and bake or air fry for about 5 minutes at 375 F or until cheese has browned.
- Sprinkle top with parsley and enjoy.
5. Korean Street Toast
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 30 g. or 1/3 c. shredded cabbage
- 30 g. or 1/3 c. shredded carrots
- 8 g. or 1 tsp. fruit jam ( I used strawberry)
- oil and butter for greasing
- ketchup and mayo to top
- herbs to garnish
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs with salt and add in the cabbage and carrots until combined.
- In a pan over medium heat, grease with butter and toast the bread on both sides until golden brown.
- Spread jam onto one side of the toast and set aside.
- Add oil into the pan and pour in the egg mixture. Pan fry for about 3-4 min on each side and lay the toast, jam side down, on the egg. Trim the egg to the shape of the toast. Use the remaining egg for another toast.
- Top the toast with ketchup, mayo, and herbs.
6. Kimchi Avocado Toast
- 1 slice bread.
- 1/2 small avocado
- 20 g. or 2 tbsp. chopped kimchi
- white sesame seeds
- dehydrated lime slices
- Toast the bread until golden brown. Slice half of a small avocado and place on the toast.
- Top with kimchi and sesame seeds. I added some lime slices for fun!