This simple salmon sandwich that comes together in under 10 minutes is packed with nutrients and flavors!
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but as the 7th month of quarantine is upon us, I am starting to feel the burden of cooking. Some days, I walk around my kitchen multiple times, wondering what to eat and I’ve gotten tired of thinking about what to cook for each meal. Take out is a delicious and expensive option, so I really need to cut back on that. I want a balanced meal with all the nutrients, without spending much time cooking, and I realized that throughout quarantine, I had barely eaten any sandwiches. This realization made me pretty excited, because I quickly began to brainstorm many sandwich recipes that I could make in the following weeks. I came up with many combinations, most of them using ingredients I already have at home. With that said, look forward to more sandwich posts because I’ll be making lots of them!
This salmon and veggie sandwich is the first of many and it utilizes a salmon filet that had been sitting in my freezer for months. I garnished the rest of the sandwich with a simple onion cream cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes, and spinach. It doesn’t get much easier than that! I would opt for a smoked salmon, but am pretty cautious about consuming raw meat now. I pan-fried the salmon and seasoned with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Afterwards, I removed any bones before placing it into the sandwich.
Using sandwich wraps?
Since hearty sandwiches tend to fall apart, I enjoy wrapping sandwiches in sandwich wrap tightly, which helps to keep all the ingredients intact and results in a beautiful cross-section! I will only use the wraps if the sandwich is packed with ingredients (like this one) or if I am packing to-go. I enjoy using this brown sandwich deli paper.
Salmon and Veggie Sandwich
yield: 1 sandwich
total cook time: 10 min.
- 2 large slices bread
- 2-3 oz. salmon filet
- 1 c. spinach leaves
- 5 tomato slices
- 1/2 cucumber (4 long slices)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp. chopped green onions
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season the salmon filet with salt and pepper and pan-fry on each side until completely cooked and lightly browned, about 5 minutes on each side over medium heat.
- Remove bones from the salmon if there are any.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, green onions, onion powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toast both breads and spread the cream cheese spread on one slice. Top with spinach, cucumber, salmon, and tomato.
- Wrap the sandwich tightly with sandwich wrap and slice to enjoy.
*Nutrition facts are estimates.
This post contains affiliate links, which I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you.