Learn one of my favorite ways to eat avocado toast that requires just 15 minutes and 6 ingredients!
The combination of tomatoes and avocado is nothing new, but that is what makes this recipe so great. It is vibrant, fresh, and made with only 6 ingredients! Adding jammy cherry tomatoes on top of buttered rustic bread with avocado, lemon zest, and salt flakes is an easy way to up your breakfast game. The lemon zest is key as it adds a nice tang to the toast!
Why do I love this recipe? Well, this toast provides the “wow” taste factor and great nutrition benefits. Avocados are full of healthy fats and fiber that increase satiety, while tomatoes are rich in antioxidants that help boost your immune system. It consists of all the components that I look for in a healthful breakfast.
Simple ingredient substitutions can help you make this recipe suited for your diet preferences:
- For gluten-free, use a gluten-free bread
- For vegan, use olive oil or vegan butter
What bread do I recommend for this recipe?
The best bread for this recipe is a hard, rustic bread that can support the weight of the avocado and tomatoes. I recommend ciabatta, French, Italian, focaccia, or sourdough.
Cherry Tomato Avocado Toast
yield: 1 toast
total cook time: 15 min.
- 2 tsp. Olive oil or butter
- 3/4 c. Cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp. olive oil or butter
- thick slice of rustic bread
- 1 small avocado
- Lemon zest
- Salt flakes
1. Add oil or butter to a pan and cook the cherry tomatoes for 10 min, flipping occasionally to allow the skins to blister. Season with a pinch of salt.
2. Spread butter on both sides of the bread slice and toast on both sides until golden brown.
3. Mash avocado on the toast and top with cooked cherry tomatoes, lemon zest, and salt flakes.
- use gluten-free bread for gluten-free
- use oil or vegan butter for vegan