A flavor-packed, nutritious, and colorful salad that is gluten-free and perfect for fall!
You may have heard of “eat the rainbow”, which is a saying to encourage people to eat a variety of fruits and vegetables of different colors since each color provides different vitamins and minerals. This colorful cobb-inspired salad does a great job of meeting the rainbow criteria. It is a beautiful dish that includes a variety of flavors and textures. The combination of kale and toppings is refreshing and packed with fiber, vitamins, and protein. I have been into salads lately, and making $15 salads at home for a fraction of the price is rather satisfying.
Just like so many of my other dishes, while I chose to use these salad ingredients, feel free to make any substitutions. You may find that you prefer spinach or lettuce over kale, maybe you want to add chicken, or perhaps you want to omit the purple onions… it is all up to you.
Colorful Cobb-Inspired Salad
yield: 1 large serving
total cook time: 20 minutes (including preparation of ingredients)
- 3 c. or 1 bunch kale , washed and dried
- 2 boiled eggs, sliced
- 1/2 c. or 90 g. diced tomatoes
- 1/2 c. or 98 g. chopped purple onions
- 1/2 c. or 132 g. diced roasted sweet potatoes
- 1/2 c. or 82 g. corn
- 1/3 c. or 35 g. chopped bacon
- 1/4 c. or 35 g. blue cheese crumbles (I used a plant-based option! Tastes exactly like blue cheese)
- Dressing of choice (ex. ranch, bleu cheese dressing, caesar, tahini)
- Rip the kale into smaller pieces and add into a large bowl.
- Add the toppings onto the kale all in a linear fashion.
- Drizzle a dressing of choice on top and enjoy!
- Salad lasts up to 3 days in an airtight container
- Omit the bacon and choose a vegan dressing for a vegan salad
- The salad is gluten-free
Looks so pretty. I love for my plate to look festive.
I do like the variety of colour tip due to simplicity. Thanks for the recipe 🙂
Well, darn! Now I’m hungry! Thanks so much for having gf recipes on your blog!!!
I would definitely eat this!
I love dinner-type salads, I make them frequently at home in California, especially in the summer when it gets into the triple digits here. This is a beautiful salad! Tonight, I am making chicken, bacon, and ranch salads. I am using skinless, boneless thighs. I will have to post this recipe tomorrow! Thanks for the inspiration.
That looks fantastic!
Wow, that looks delicious and healthy!
Looks like my kinda salad Jamie – so colourful