Spice up your chicken alfredo pasta with Korean ramen hot sauce!
Get ready to be blown away by this spicy chicken alfredo pasta that is FULL of flavors! This recipe is rather simple since it is not entirely made from scratch. I use store-bought alfredo sauce and hot sauce from Samyang’s Buldak ramen, which is the notorious ramen featured in the Fire noodles challenge. The hot sauce is incredibly spicy but very flavorful. Whenever I eat the ramen, I only use about 1/6th of the packet and save the rest of the sauce for other dishes such as this alfredo pasta or my cheesy tteokbokki.
The flavors in this dish are very much Western with a hint of Korean. You can season the chicken with your own choice of seasonings – I used Kinder’s Cajun rub. This recipe is great for meal prepping or potlucks. Consider doubling or tripling the recipe to serve more people.
Spicy Korean Chicken Alfredo Pasta
Yield: 5 servings
Total cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 chicken breast
- 2 g. or 1 tbsp. Cajun or seasoning blend of choice (I use Kinders wood fired garlic)
- 285 g. or 10 oz. Uncooked pasta
- 14 g. or 1 tbsp. Butter
- 9 g. or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 185 g. or 1 1/4 c. Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 455 g. or 16 oz. Store bought Alfredo sauce
- Buldak hot sauce (amount as desired)
- 65 g. or 3/4 c. Cheese
- Furikake, optional
1. Rub seasoning blend on chicken and grill over high heat, 6 minutes per side or until cooked. Set aside and slice.
2. Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
3. In a skillet, sauté garlic and tomatoes in butter for 5 min. Add Alfredo sauce, hot sauce, and cheese. Add as much or little hot sauce as desired. Stir to combine.
4. Add sliced chicken on top and season with furikake.
- The pasta stays fresh for up to 5 days when stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
- The Buldak hot sauce is very spicy. Add gradually and adjust to taste.
- To make the recipe vegetarian, omit the chicken. You may consider substituting it with plant-based meat.
- To make the recipe vegan, use vegan alfredo sauce, oil or vegan butter, and vegan cheese.
- To make the recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free noodles.