Nutella makes everything better, right? So it only felt necessary for me to add nutella to my banana bread (which I was making since the bananas in the kitchen were on the verge of turning black). I really like banana bread but I really LOVE banana nutella bread. Also, this banana bread is extremely moist but it is also healthier since I replaced 1/3 of the butter with greek yogurt. Due to the richness of greek yogurt, it is a great substitute for oil/fats.
Banana bread with Nutella Swirl:
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 6 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup greek yogurt (I used Fage brand)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup Nutella
1. Mash the bananas in a bowl with a fork. Then add butter, eggs, greek yogurt, and vanilla extract.
2. In another bowl combine the dry ingredients. Fold the dry ingredients in with the wet in separate batches. Do not overmix or else the batter will get too tough.
3. Melt the nutella in the microwave for 25 seconds. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour half of the batter into it. Add half of the nutella over the top and swirl with a knife. Add the remaining batter and top with the remianing nutella and swirl.
4. Bake for about 45-55 minutes. At about the last ten minutes of baking, keep an eye on the bread, occasionally testing it with a knife to make sure it is baked completely through.
5. Last step: Share it with your friends and family, cause if I did not share, I would’ve eaten the whole thing!